What Is Safer Sex?
- Safer Sex
- In the age of AIDS, everyone should know about safer sex. HIV can
infect anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, sex, age, race, or
economic class. While the incidence of AIDS is much higher in some
populations than in others, it is not who you are that can
give you AIDS, but what you do.
- Aids Proofing Your Kids
- AIDS PREVENTION IS NOT SIMPLY INFORMING our kids, making them
aware, putting condom machines in schools, or lecturing them on
abstinence. Unfortunately and tragically, our various
governments think so. Too many public health and educational
authorities unfortunately think so. Too many writers and
celebrities unfortunately think so. WE'RE GOING TO SHOW YOU
HOW, in upcoming articles, you can effectively teach, without
embarrassment, and get your kids to practice and develop the
habits of safer-sex and/or abstinence.
- Sex Myths
- Four gay guys talk about common sexual misconceptions and how they respond. Good advice for anybody. (video clips)
- How to talk with a partner about smart
- But lots of people aren't doing what they know they should
because they are uncomfortable talking about their
decisions. They're too embarrassed to bring up the subject;
they fear rejection; or they just aren't sure how to say what
they want to say.
- SM: Safe Magic for Gay Men
- Members of the SM community are very familiar with negotiating
safety issues. And so it is no surprise that we were quick to respond
to the danger of HIV/AIDS. We were among the first to integrate safer
sex principles into our lives.
Unfortunately, the danger is not yet past.
- Just Say Yes (outside link)
- Just Say Yes means having a positive attitude about sexuality --
gay, straight, or bi. It means saying "yes" to sex you do want, and
"no" to sex you don't. It means there's nothing wrong with you if
you decide to have sex, and nothing wrong with you if you decide not
to. You have the right to make your own choices, and to have people
respect them.(Este librito est‡ disponible en Espanol)
Just Say Yes is an irreverent and unabashedly pro-safe-sex,
pro-woman, pro-queer, and pro-choice comprehensive sex education
pamphlet. It was originally written for Chicago High School students
by the Coalition
for Positive Sexuality Highly recommended,
very opinionated (some people might disagree, for instance, about
their negative opinion of IUDs and Norplant), but right on target.
- Hot Sex, Safely (outside link)
- The goal of this guide is to give people of all genders, orientations, and preferences the information they need to perform a wide variety of sexual acts safely, pleasurably, and comfortably. (from the Society for Human Sexuality at the University of Washington)
· editor: christopher l. filkins
technique · cornerhost
, blogger, & atomz!
© 1995-2003 safersex.org is a service mark of the safer sex institute. all rights reserved.
July 24, 2003 validates html 4.01